Breast cancer is the most common cancer affecting women worldwide even in Nigeria.
Globally a woman dies from breast cancer every 68 seconds.
Every year breast cancer kills more women in Nigeria than any other form of cancer. More than 8 out of 10 of these deaths occur because the disease is often diagnosed at an advanced and incurable stage.
Breast cancer today, is no longer an automatic death sentence but the key to good outcome depends on early detection and prompt management.
The late presentation by the women; is largely attributed to lack of awareness about breast cancer or early detection strategies such as regular Breast Self-Examination, Clinical Breast Examination, Breast ultrasonography and screening mammography. Breast cancer today, is no longer an automatic death sentence but the key to good outcome depends on early detection and prompt management.
Our Activities include: Community education with tag line Breast health awareness (Be breast aware, Know your breast, Sabi your breast)
- Teach women correct Breast Self-Examination techniques with the aid of breast dummies/audio-visual materials.
- Conduct Clinical Breast Examination and refer any suspicious case appropriately.
- Knowing what is normal for you
- Knowing what changes to look and feel for.
- Looking and feeling for those changes.
- Reporting any changes to your doctor without delay.
- Attending routine breast screening if you are 40 years or above.
- Community education outreach women within the reproductive age.=5000
- Clinical Breast Examination = 20000
- Breast Self-Examination=3000